Wednesday 15 September 2021

Online Workshop - in the space between

The theme provided an arena for discussion about recent experiences which included how participants had been feeling during the course of the pandemic and the activities they had or had not been doing, including reading and writing. Participants were generous in what they shared and it was helpful to hear authentic experiences as this encouraged the group to open up to one another.

It was interesting to explore the theme and here are some words and phrases that arose:

The poem was thought to be inspiring and elicited journeys to dreams, recollections of childhood and inner worlds, reflective spaces and opportunities to appreciate ordinary moments.

This was the first workshop of the longer format and it was good to have more time to share and respond to one another's writing.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback:

Asked "What did you particularly enjoy or was a highlight of the workshop for you?" 

 

"I loved the theme of the workshop as it was very pertinent to where I have been feeling in my life’s journey currently.  But I think the theme brought up many thoughts and feelings  and differing perspectives for our group so it was really interesting to hear everyone’s reflections and contributions so thank you to everyone today ! .

 

I think for me the highlight was the beautiful Poem which was really rich with “food for thought”, reflection and contemplation."                 Paula (Dog Washer/ Social Worker)

"I enjoyed the workshop very much.  I found it well planned, with enough variation of talk, writing , reading out our own work (if we wanted to) listening and responding to writing.  The length/ timing of the sessions meant my interest was sustained throughout.  I felt we all had enough time but there was no pressure to share or even respond to writing if we did not want to.  I loved the stimulus poem the tutor sourced and it was perfect for the theme of the workshop.  I also enjoyed the short visualisation/meditation before writing.       Gill (retired teacher)

Other comments:

Loved the Space to do the Tai Chi  / meditation  also loved the bit about letting go allowing “other stuff to go back to Source” and “us to come back to our self”… recognition of transference … group think. Thank you for this!!"  Paula (Dog Washer/ Social Worker)


"It made me remember how pleasurable writing can be." Gill (retired teacher)